Thinking about having a garage door installed there is a lot of options for you to choose from a variety of colors, styles, texture, and materials that are used. It is important to plan first or to research what is easy and suitable for you the garage door that can benefit you in the long run one that is durable and would last longer for you to avoid the cost of repairs or replacements. There are different kinds of garage doors and this is some and how they open. The Garage Door Guy Corp can guide you all throughout your garage needs.
- Sectional garage doors – the sectional garage doors are the most commonly used by people in America it is popular since it is durable and easy to install. It is called sectional garage doors since it is divided into two different sections and is connected together by hinges which allow the garage door to open, close, and bend. Then when the garage door moves up vertically and reaches the two then it will bend up to your ceiling until it goes horizontally.
- Roll up garage doors – roll up garage doors are very light, convenient, and easy to open all you need to do is to roll it up above until it reaches the barrel which it was installed. The roll-up garage door is made up of horizontal slats that allow the door to bend. This is mostly found in commercial units.
- Slide to slide garage doors – this is one of the earliest garage doors that were made and it is manually operated and nowadays we seldom see this type of garage door. Unlike others, this opens by bending upwards parallel to the ceiling.
- Side Hinged Garage Doors – like the slide to slide garage door this also belong to the earliest ones that are being used. The garage door has hinges at the sides which allow the door to open either upwards or sideward and also inwards or outwards depending on how your hinges are installed and how you want it to swing.
- Tilt up garage doors – this type of garage door doesn’t have any sections unlike other types and this can be opened by tilting it up. And there is a lot of tilt-up garaged doors to choose from. The tilt-up garage door is mostly used by residential people and it also cost a little bit more compared to the other because of its traditional style.
- Tilt up canopy –this is the most popular tilt up door compared to the two types this is open upward so that it can slide back parallel to your ceiling.
- Tilt up retractable – this type of tilt-up garage door is similar to the tilt-up canopy the only difference is it doesn’t protrude in the face of your home when it opens unlike the canopy one. But it takes more space compared to the other one.